Gallery

Tuesday, 28 June 2016

Special Order

français ici

This quilt is for a special little person. Her mother let me make whatever I wanted, but asked for some fabrics to be included in the design (piggies, footprint fabric, bright colours). At the start I was going to make nine-piece blocks for the animals' blankies - quilts on a quilt - but the prints would have been lost on the small pieces.
36"x 48"
The animals are cut from flannel and appliquéd with zig-zag stitching, their faces are machine stitched. Some squares are flannel, some are cotton and the white ground is a cotton/polyester blend. I think the mix makes it interesting for little hands to explore.

The play-mat is mostly from flannels, with a remnant of fleece and some cottons added:
42"
Here is the back, with my dog testing the slumber quality:

1 comment:

  1. Well, it shouldn't leave the house without having the "slumber quality" tested....lol. The quilt is wonderful, especially all the textures of the different fabrics and lace trims. I'm a fan of hexies so the play-mat is a winner, with me....and your dog.

    ReplyDelete